Here is my assessment of the Presidential election and why Trump lost.
1. Trump under performed with suburban women – These in my unscientific opinion are women that did not like him PERSONALLY or his brusk, rough, and bragging nature. To many it was about Trump personally, not WHAT he was doing. Also, the fact that Biden did not have any “coat-tails” and did not move the House in his direction just shows how much anti-Trump voting there was.
2. Healthcare – Though Republicans stated they would not get rid of pre-existing conditions, they failed to provide an actual new plan that people, and particularly women, could embrace.
3. Mail-in Ballots- High voter turn out almost always works against Republicans. Republicans are generally more reliable voters and more devoted to voting. Mail-in ballots lowers the “barrier to entry” for voters to vote. So, more people vote and a higher of percentage of Democrats vote than normal. That explains such massive turnout. For example, in Georgia, Biden had 38% more votes than Obama did in his historic election. THAT is amazing turnout by Dems who were not supposed to have inspired the large black vote in Georgia or any state. Also that number of votes for Biden over Obama, 600,000 votes more, cannot be explained away by fraud.
4. The pandemic – Though not Trumps fault it is a negative that it affected the economy and so many lives. How it was handled is debatable on both sides.
5. Voter Fraud – Mail-in Ballots leave open big opportunities for voter fraud. Whether this was enough to impact the election will never be known.